No. While chlorine dioxide has chlorine in its name, its chemistry is very different from the corrosive chemistry of chlorine bleach. The primary differences are that chlorine dioxide is less caustic, safer, and gentler than bleach and many other antiseptics and antimicrobials, plus it remains effective under organic load. Further, chlorine bleach produces harmful by-products to the environment, including trihalomethanes (THM) and haloacetic acids (HAAS). Vital Oxide breaks down to a simple salt, producing no harmful by-products.
Yes. Vital Oxide is an excellent disinfectant to use in homes. Some of the best places to use Vital Oxide at home are in musty basements, in bathrooms where mildew has accumulated (or on surfaces to protect against mold and mildew), and in the kitchen to keep food-contact surfaces clean. Vital Oxide has also been tested on carpets and can be used around the house to sanitize carpets.
The quickest way to disinfect a hospital room, an entire basement, or a school gym is by using a fogger or electrostatic sprayer that can create a fine mist to treat objects, walls, floors, and ceilings in a matter of just a few minutes. Electrostatic sprayers and foggers can dramatically cut the time to disinfect large areas. Vital Oxide is one of the few disinfectants that can be dispersed in this manner because Vital Oxide is non-corrosive to treated surfaces and objects.
The easiest way to answer this question is simply, not all disinfectants are created equal. When evaluating and comparing disinfectant products, take a close look at their core ingredients. Vital Oxide uses a unique chemical compound called chlorine dioxide. While other competitors and manufacturers have attempted to copy and produce a form of stabilized chlorine dioxide similar to Vital Oxide, our revolutionary formula is simply unequaled. Chlorine dioxide has been used during Anthrax attacks, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to purify drinking water, and most recently to kill MRSA in schools and hospitals. Also consider carefully what kind of chemicals you want around your children, employees, patients, students, and close family members. Most disinfectants and mold removers on the market are extremely toxic, but Vital Oxide gives you peace of mind that you are using an effective product that does not come with alarming safety warnings and precautions.
Cleaners are not registered with the EPA and cannot make public health claims on their label such as killing germs or having any anti-microbial action.